And let’s not forget about the animals – farm sheds are perfect for providing cozy shelter to cows, horses, sheep, and more. These sheds can be made from all sorts of materials, from wood to metal to concrete, and they come in all shapes and sizes depending on the farmer’s needs. All in all, farm sheds are an essential part of any farm, keeping everything and everyone safe and sound!
Table of Contents
Types of Farm Sheds
Whether you’re looking to store your small equipment, ATVs, etc., or protect your livestock from the elements, a farm shed has you covered. Not only that, but sheds can be transformed into anything from workshops to greenhouses, dog kennels, or simply a place to store your extra tools, seed, and supplies. Investing in a well-designed farm shed is an excellent way to ensure your farming operation runs smoothly. Below you’ll find 9 creative uses for a farm shed.
- Small Equipment Storage – small tractors, ATVs, mowers, and much more.
- Livestock Housing – give your sheep, goats, pigs, etc, a safe place to live.
- Hay and feed storage – perfect for a few bales of hay and some grain for your livestock.
- Workshop – keep all your tools organized and ready for use in a farm shed workshop
- Beekeeping – honey extraction, storing beekeeping equipment, etc.
- Dog kennels – an ideal place to train or even house your favorite pets
- Storage sheds – general storage for whatever needs a roof.
- Greenhouses – turn your shed into a greenhouse and start those spring plants early.
- Farm offices – a shed is a great place to have your farm office. Keep work out of the house and always have a quiet place to crunch those numbers.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Farm Shed
- Purpose: The first step in deciding on a farm shed, is to figure out the purpose of your building. This will determine a lot of factors, including where you want to place your shed, how large the shed should be, and the details of how the shed is built.
- Size: The size of your structure will be determined by what you need the shed to do for you. Do you need a large building to store your large equipment, or do you just want a smaller building to house some small livestock or seed? The size will significantly affect the cost of your building.
- Ventilation: If you are planning to house animals in your new farm shed, its important to include plenty of ventilation to keep your livestock healthy and happy.
Some other factors to keep in mind are your local codes and regulations and the budget you are willing to spend. The most important part though is to think through the process well before you invest in your own farm shed.
Small Farm Sheds by Kauffman Structures
Farm sheds can be anything from a huge pole barn to a small storage shed. Here at Kauffman Structures, we specialize in providing our customers with the best storage solutions possible.
For a high-quality and durable run-in shed, our loafing sheds are perfect. The ample space allows the animals to move around freely and provides maximum ventilation, promoting the health and well-being of your animals.
This loafing shed is also a great place to temporarily store hay or feed, keeping them safe and dry. When you want to provide your animals with shade or simply protection from the wind and rain, look no further than a loafing shed from Kauffman Structures. For answer to some common questions about loafing sheds, check out our blog here.
Horse shelters are the ideal structure to give your horses or other livestock a place to get out of the sun, wind, and rain or simply to store hay or other supplies. Our livestock structures are mostly enclosed with just a large opening on one side, giving more protection than our loafing shed while still giving your animals the freedom to come and go as they please. Get a Kauffman Structures livestock shelter for your livestock’s ultimate protection and comfort.
The High Barn Shed
One of the most classic farm shed looks is this High-Barn design. The gambrel or barn-style roof design provides lots of headroom, making it ideal for storing tools and a bit larger equipment, as well as serving as your workshop. Our high barn sheds are constructed using only quality materials to ensure durability and longevity. When you’re looking for a place to keep your tools or simply a hobby farm shed, the High Barn shed from Kauffman’s is definitely what you need!
Gable Farm Shed
For a simple yet beautiful farm shed, this gable shed is definitely the answer. The low-profile design makes it a winning anywhere on your farm, from the simple storage shed by your grain bin to the garden shed in your backyard. Add some additional windows and a few shelves, and you’ve got yourself the ideal farm shed. Coming in sizes ranging from 6×8 to 14×30.
For your next farm shed, look no further than Kauffman Structures’ top-quality buildings! Our reliable sheds are designed to withstand the harsh elements of the Midwest. So don’t wait another day to get the storage space you need for your farm. For more information or to start designing your farm shed today, check out our 3D builder and request your free quote!