Kauffman Structures: A Gold Standard for Shed ManufacturersIf you want a structure on your property that will be beautiful and functional and the same time, we’re here to help. It’s easy to buy cheap storage sheds that feel “slapped together” and degrade quickly, but will that meet your objectives? At Kauffman Structures, we’re not content with building a substandard building. We count it a privilege to work with people who care about quality and believe that a premium structure provides the best value in the end. for more info check out the page on how do I prepare for my shed.
Outbuilding Standards: Passion Speaks Louder than Words
We believe that you can “feel” the difference when walking into a quality building. Actually, quality among shed manufacturers is as much about what you can’t see as what you can. For example, in a Kauffman Quality Shed, you will not see exposed fasteners, nails coming through where they shouldn’t, or sunlight through the door gasket. From the painted siding to the door jam trim to the exposed wood on the inside, we believe you’ll appreciate the value of quality control and attention to detail in your Kauffman Building.
We use the same high standards for all the structures we build including the storage sheds, livestock shelters, portable garages, cabin, and outdoor playhouses. We will assists you in every way we can. Think twice about purchasing a shed that will disappoint you and stick out like a sore thumb on your property, but don’t hesitate to take advantage of over 30 years of shed building experience to create the space you’ve been dreaming about.
Building Standards for Kauffman Structures
- Floors: 2×4 joists spaced 16” on center, covered with 3/4″ tongue and groove flooring.
- Sidewalls: 2×4 studs spaced 24” on center and covered with LP residential siding.
- Roof: 2×4 rafters spaced 24” on center, covered with 1⁄2” O.S.B. sheathing and 30-year asphalt shingles. Stock shingle colors are white, black, green, weathered wood, light or dark gray, and medium or dark brown.
- Doors: Reinforced double doors with decorative X pattern are standard on all buildings over 6’ wide. 48”x72” door openings are standard on 8’ wide buildings. 60”x72” openings are standard on larger buildings. 72”x72” openings optional. Door latch has keyed lock.
- Trim: Corner and door trim is LP engineered wood, with excellent weather resistance.
- Decor: Buildings are painted in a choice of the following basic colors: red, white, beige, grey, blue, or clay. Trim colors include black, dark green, and dark brown in addition to the above. We can apply your custom colors—the possibilities are unlimited with Sherwin Williams premium paints!
- Windows (several sizes)
- Higher sidewalls
- Custom colors
- Extra doors
- Lining and insulation
- Overhead or roll-up doors
- Wood and metal ramps
- Vinyl or cedar siding