Types of 12×24 Sheds
The type of shed you choose is an important step in your 12×24 shed buying process. The different types of material you choose for your shed will vary depending on the purpose of your shed and where you get your shed from. While there are other types of sheds, most will be in the general category of these three types or a combination of several.
Most sheds today are built primarily of wood, from the floor joists to the siding, all the way to the rafters. It is then finished with either shingles or metal.
What most people consider a metal shed is built with a wooden frame and then covered with metal siding and roofing. The metal is more durable, low-maintenance, and resistant to fire, pests, and weather.
As the shed industry has grown, some large box stores began producing small plastic sheds. While this is an inexpensive alternative, you probably won’t be able to find a plastic 12×24 shed.
9 Popular 12×24 Shed Uses
A 12×24 shed has countless uses and applications, including basic storage, a space for your favorite hobbies, a workshop, and even a mancave or other recreation area.
While the 12×24 shed size is on the large end of the spectrum for most uses, it can provide you with that extra space that will keep your garage cleaned up, all while perfectly complementing your backyard landscaping design.
- Storage: Store all your lawncare equipment, garden tools, Christmas decor, children’s toys, and more. Keep the clutter out of your garage.
- Workshop: Turn your shed into a place where you can tinker with your favorite pass time, whether that is mechanical work, woodworking, or metalwork.
- Gardening Shed: Keep your “green thumb” under control and organized in your 12×24 gardening shed. Add some windows and a workbench, and watch your little plants thrive.
- Home Office: With a little bit of DIY’ing, you can turn your 12×24 shed into a complete home office. Work from home without the hassle of children running through your space.
- Fitness Room: Tired of driving to the gym a couple of times a week? Turn this shed into a complete fitness room with all your exercise equipment in one place, right in your backyard.
- Art Studio: A shed is a perfect place to get away and get crafty. Whether it’s a full-blown studio with a gallery and fancy lighting or a simple place for you to enjoy painting, knitting, or sculpting.
- Playroom: When the kids just need to burn off some energy, a playhouse in the backyard is a great place to send them.
- Man Cave: The classic man cave is a great way to utilize a 12×24 shed. Fitted out with a couch, a TV, and a mini-fridge and your mancave will soon become your favorite hangout spot.
- She Shed: Turn all or part of your shed into your dream She Shed. Add some extra windows, a rocking chair, and a small table, and create your own retreat.
12×24 Shed Styles
When it comes to 12×24 sheds, there are lots of variations in the styles. In most cases, the way a style looks is a significant factor in choosing a shed. Here at Kauffman Structures, we offer four main 12×24 shed styles plus a bonus garage shed and livestock loafing shed.
The Gable Shed
The Gable Shed is our base model shed. The simple design, low roof pitch, and basic trim options provide a shed that is both economical and beautiful. The 12×24 model of the Gable Shed comes with 6 ½’ sidewalls, plus the option to add windows, extra doors, a ramp, and much more.
The Carriage Wood Shed
The Carriage Shed is a stunning backyard storage solution. The defining feature of the Carriage Shed is the side door access, and the unique overhang on the front of the shed provides a bit of protection from the weather. The windows flanking the large front door flood the interior with plenty of natural light.
The Cottage Storage Shed
For a practical yet beautiful 12×24 backyard shed, you should definitely consider the Cottage Wood Shed. One of our favorite and high-end models we offer, the Cottage provides you with a side door access, lots of windows, and plenty of room for all your lawncare storage needs. The steeper roof pitch, larger overhang, and wider trim set this shed apart from the rest.
The High Barn Shed
The High Barn shed is a throwback to the original storage shed design with unique barn-style roof trusses. The high side walls plus the truss design opens up the ceiling space and make space for a loft, which maximizes the square footage of your 12×24 shed.
12×24 Loafing Shed
While the 12×24 Loafing Shed isn’t a storage building, it is a vital part of our lineup. The three-sided structure allows your livestock to be out in the pasture getting the vital nutrients they need, plus having protection from the wind and weather whenever they want. Request a free quote today to find out what a 12×24 loafing shed costs. If you want more information about our loafing sheds, check out our blog here.
12×24 Shed Garage
The 12×24 Portable Garage shed combines the need for storage with a reinforced floor and a garage door, making it possible to keep your ATVs, boats, or other recreational vehicles out of the weather and in tip-top shape. This 12×24 garage shed is the perfect alternative to building a permanent structure on your property.
12×24 Shed Maintenance
Thankfully, the essential maintenance on a 12×24 shed is relatively easy. The most important thing is regularly checking the roof and walls for damaged areas like lost shingles, broken windows, etc. You’ll also want to watch for branches, leaves, or other debris on your shed. Applying a fresh coat of sealing or paint annually is a great preventative measure to extend the life of your shed.
And finally, regularly clean or lightly pressure wash your shed to remove all the accumulated grime and dust. You can use a mixture of water and some mild soap for this.
12×24 Shed Prices
The cost of a 12×24 shed will depend on the features, materials, and designs you choose. The average 12×24 shed price is between $5,000-$12,000. Wooden sheds tend to be the sweet spot between durability and cost. Plastic sheds are just plain cheap, while metal sheds provide the more expensive but long-lasting option. Do you have a shed style that you like? Check out our 3D design tool and get a free quote today!
Build Your Own 12×24 Shed
Building a 12×24 shed is a huge undertaking and requires a lot of tools and experience. But thanks to our 3D Shed Builder, you can now design your shed exactly how you want it and have it built and delivered to you.
12×24 Sheds: In Conclusion
As you can see, the buzz around 12×24 sheds is real. And in conclusion, 12×24 sheds provide a versatile and practical storage solution for homeowners looking to maximize their outdoor space. Whether you’re looking for some extra storage or a building to turn into a hobby shed, a 12×24 storage shed is a great option. For more information about or to start designing your shed today, check out our 3D builder and request your free quote!